Great Personalities of Ancient India
A thorough and objective study of ancient Indian civilization and culture reveals that India attempted, achieved, and created – on a large scale and also with much attention to completeness of detail – in almost every field of human activity. Indeed, there can be no doubt of her spiritual and philosophic achievement. But there was also no wanting of prolific creativity and accomplishment in fields such as various sciences, arts, literature, social and political organisation etc. Records exist of great personalities who made significant contributions toward enriching our cultural heritage.
- Develop an appreciation of some of the leading luminaries of ancient India.
- Develop an awareness of some of the sages and seers of ancient India who gave a concrete shape to the spirit and form(s) of Indian culture.
- Develop an appreciation of the contributions made by some of the great scholar-saints of ancient India.
- Develop an appreciation of the contributions made by some of the great scientists of ancient India.
- Develop an appreciation of some of the great poets of ancient India.
- Develop an appreciation of some key contributions of the grammarians and aestheticians of ancient India.
A Few Recent Activities:
- Kunti – A Paradigm of Conscious Parenting
- Virtues as Empowerment: Understanding Shakuntala in Mahābhārata
- Love and Heroism in Sri Aurobindo’s Narrative Poems: Ulopie and Chitrangada
- Jai Bhavani: Celebrating Sri Aurobindo’s Poem ‘Baji Prabhou’ – through a Dance-drama and a Talk
- Sri Aurobindo, the Revolutionary Nationalist
- Luminaries from the Modern Indian Renaissance, 1857-1947
- Digital Exhibit: Visnu Sarma and the Panchantantra
- Digital Exhibit: Sri Aurobindo on Indian Art