Indian Culture and Society
Courses on Various Aspects of Indian Culture
Over the years we have developed several courses for college and university level students on various aspects of Indian culture on following themes. Our approach is to take up all the themes in the light of Sri Aurobindo, his vast writings on Indian culture as well as his vision for the future role and destiny of India. We have also developed comprehensive research-based learning content for several courses.
We invite colleges and universities to contact us regarding any of the courses listed below, or with their own ideas for designing novel courses and workshops related to different aspects of Indian culture.
- Introduction to India’s Cultural Heritage
- Aims and Organisation of Life: The Indian View
- Introduction to Indian Visual Arts
- Introduction to Indian Performing Arts
- Introduction to Indian Scriptures in the Light of Sri Aurobindo
- Literary Tradition of India
- Scientific Heritage of India
- Religion and Spirituality
- Art and Science of Yoga
- Great Personalities of Ancient India
- Sanskrit Appreciation
Research-based learning content for all the above listed courses has also been developed.
Courses on Contemporary Indian realities:
Rethinking Feminism from Indian Perspectives
- Designed and taught at the Center for Women’s Studies, Pondicherry University by Dr. Beloo Mehra, 2019
- A special research-based textbook and a course reader were also developed.
Menstrual Health and Hygiene: Creating Awareness and Cultural Sensitivity
- Full syllabus with detailed course design of this course was approved as soft-core course for Women’s Studies post-graduate programme at Pondicherry University.
Some recent works:
- The Art of Heritage Photography – A conversation with Madhu Jagdhish
- Art that Refines, Heals and Transforms: Insights from the Practice of Integral Education – A webinar at Auro University, Surat
- Role of Art and Beauty in Vital Education – A Webinar by Dr. Beloo Mehra at Auro University, Surat
- “Revisiting Nation, Nationalism and Culture in the Light of Sri Aurobindo” – Lecture by Dr. Beloo Mehra at the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Sri Aurobindo – The Revolutionary Nationalist” – Lecture by Dr. Beloo Mehra at SACAR, Pondicherry
- Indian History in Indian Education: Beyond Ideologies and Politics – A conversation with Pranjal Garg and Neha Singh
- Dharma, Shāstra and Future Society – A conversation with author Nithin Sridhar
- Young India Awakes to the Indian Spirit – A Webinar by Dr. Beloo Mehra for Auro University
- Yoga and Cultural Misappropriation – A conversation with Yogacharya Dr. Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani