Rethinking Feminism from Indian Perspectives
As part of our mission to connect the ancient Indian wisdom to modern-day challenges and highlight the relevance of the wisdom of Indian cultural and spiritual traditions to address the problems of our times, we have designed a research-based course content for a Women’s Studies course, which has been approved and offered through Pondicherry University.
The research and course development work was done by Dr. Beloo Mehra, who also taught the course at the university in 2019.
Our Work so far
- A post-graduate level course designed by Dr. Beloo Mehra was approved as a soft-core course for the Center for Women’s Studies by the Board of Studies and Academic Council of Pondicherry University.
- Course was taught by Dr. Beloo Mehra at Pondicherry University, 2019
- A research-based textbook and course reader was developed by Dr. Beloo Mehra.
- Special Exhibition – Nari Shakti: Woman, an Indomitable Spirit – researched and designed by Dr. Beloo Mehra was displayed at Pondicherry University (as part of International Women’s Day events – March 2019), and also at Raj Nivas, Puducherry (September 2019).
- A special issue of Renaissance on Shakti published in October 2019.
Recent events on this theme:
- Gender Equality: A Spiritual Perspective (Talk by Dr. Beloo Mehra)
- Nari Shakti – Woman, an Indomitable Spirit (An interactive session facilitated by Dr. Beloo Mehra)
- Women’s Equality and Freedom: Insights from Sri Aurobindo and the Mother (Talk by Dr. Beloo Mehra)
- Veera Rasa in Savitri (Talk by Dr. Charan Singh Kedarkhandi)
- Beauty of Nature in Savitri (Talk by Dr. Charan Singh Kedarkhandi)
- Virtues as Empowerment: Understanding Shakuntala in Mahābhārata (Talk by Dr. Geetesh Nirban)
- Love and Heroism in Sri Aurobindo’s Narrative Poems: Ulopie and Chitrangada (Talk by Dr. Shraddha Gour Mohanti)
Recent articles in Renaissance
Gender Equality from Indian Cultural Perspectives (speaker: Dr. Beloo Mehra)